Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year! 2009!

Nine years ago tonight I met Matt at a singles dance at Saltaire. We met after midnight. I was pretty outgoing at that time.. I wouldn't just wait for a guy to ask me to slow-dance. I had been complaining to my sister & my friend that no one was asking me to dance. Just then a slow song came on. I decided that I'd just go ask someone. On my way Matt stopped me and asked me to dance! It was fate.. or I'd like to think it was. :) We danced and talked and laughed! I thought he was so hot (I was 19)! At the end of the song he asked me for my phone number! Of course I gave it to him. The very next day he called me and asked me out for that night! He wasn't wasting time. Our story just goes on from there. We spent as much time with each other or on the phone with each other as we could. Two months after we met we were engaged. Seven months after we met we were married! New Years Eve always brings me wonderful memories of our courtship! :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Awww what a sweet story! Happy New Year!