Saturday, July 25, 2009

Abby - my 3 year old just may be potty trained!

I am so happy to say that I think Abby - my 3 year old - is potty trained! It started 4 days ago.. I told her all of her diapers were gone. She said we should go to the store. I told her they were gone at the store too. Then I asked her where she was going to go pee and poop. She said "in the potty". The first day she peed and pooped in her underwear all day. The second day she would pee just a little in her underwear but stop herself and run over to the potty to pee. The third day she didn't have one accident!! I am so proud of her. I think it was really just her deciding that she wanted to be a big girl. I've tried unsuccessfully in the past to potty train. She just wasn't ready. Not that I'm expecting this to continue so perfectly. I know she will have accidents... but it is SOOOOO nice not having two children in diapers! Yay!!

No comments: