Friday, August 7, 2009

Nine Years!

On August 5th Matt & I had our NINE year wedding anniversary! I cannot believe it has been nine years. We are still very happily married after nine years. We love each other with all our hearts. We weren't able to do anything fun for our anniversary - but that's ok. We've always talked about going to Japan for our 10th anniversary - just for fun. It's been Matt's dream to go to Japan. Although, it looks like we'll have to try and make it for our 15th anniversary. We're getting our finances and bills in order and have been doing good with it since May. We're working to be debt free and getting into a better place financially. It's tough - and we're so grateful to have some help with many things. Matt went to the dentist for the first time since we've been married - so it's probably been over 10 years. He's had a tooth that's been bugging him.. well, he needs a root canal! Yikes! He'll get that near the end of the month. He's still really busy at work, as an Audi/VW mechanic in SLC. He enjoyed the cooler weather today! I feel bad for him, he works in the heat with no a/c and in a brick building.. so he basically gets cooked in a brick oven!

Abby is still doing pretty well with potty training. She hasn't had a pee accident since the first day. She has a harder time with the poo accidents. There's only been about 4 total, so it's not too terrible. I think she is getting the hang of it. Her and her friend Julia (who is 4) play together every day. In the morning Abby wakes up and asks "can I play with Julia?" - and it's 6:30am .. so I always tell her that Julia is still sleeping. The two girls have recently been getting into trouble at my house. They colored their hands and feet and Abby's white bed with a pink marker. Luckily it cleaned off of them and I made Abby clean it off of her bed. Today they took a gallon of milk (it was almost all gone) down in the basement and were filling cups with milk down there. Some spilled on the couch and the floor. So - I've gotten back to checking on them every 10 minutes or so. Before they could go an hour or more of just playing. The little stinkers!

Lucy is doing well. She is almost crawling.. actually she just scoots on her butt everywhere. It's funny! Matt calls her "Igor". She is clapping, smacking her lips, nodding her head, and cruising. She is such a happy baby - it's a joy to have her.

I am doing good. I have been able to keep my house really good and clean for over a week. I've just decided I'm sick of living in a messy house. It's been great! The only thing I'm doing different is when I see something that is out of place or messy I just pick it up right then. Before I would see it and think "oh, I'll pick it up later"... and it never got done. I've also started counting my weight watcher points - or just basically keeping an eye on what I'm eating. We can't afford to do any weight loss plans, so I'm just doing this on my own with Tiffany. It's only been about a week. Tiffany and I made some cute food journals to help us keep track of food.

No comments: