Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Free sod!

The High School near our house is finished being built, now they are finishing the landscaping of a big field. The past week I've noticed they had four pallets of scraps. I decided that I would ask them if they were just going to throw it out. The next day I was watching for someone to be out there - finally in the afternoon there were two guys working on the sprinklers. I walked over and asked if I could have the sod. The guy said yes, they were just going to throw it out. I did 12 wheelbarrows back and forth between my house and the field (it's not that far). Finally the guy came over and asked if I had a big yard, I said kind of.. I just didn't know how much I would need. He had me load as much as I wanted in his tractor shovel and he drove the last bit over to my house... SO NICE! I was just about to quit. This was last Thursday. I had to clear the gravel rocks from the side and move them and then lay the sod. I am so happy to say that I finished the job this morning. :) Yahoo!!! There is still some left over there... in case anyone out here wants to grab the rest.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Luckeeee!

It never hurts to ask - huh?