Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby's name

We finally decided on the baby's name. We'll name her Lucille Jean Bonham, and call her Lucy. Matt really liked the name Lucy and I liked it too. Matt let me decide on the middle name and after much thought decided on Jean. My middle name is Jean, which was named after my grandma, Norma Jean Holt (my mothers mother). Some families have 'trends' for naming their children - all starting with the same letter or whatnot. I suppose our 'trend' is to have the middle name of our children be named after a family member. Abby's middle name is Marcile - after Matt's grandma, Marcile Bonham (his fathers mother). We are so excited for our Lucy to come!! There's only about 10 weeks left.

4 comments:

Jules said...

What a cute name! Is there any red hair in the genes? I can't picture a Lucy without red hair and a spit fire personality.

Alesha said...

Such a cute name! That's so awesome that you only have 10 weeks left!

The Robbins said...

I am so excited for you. Lucy is a darling name, good choice! You will have to let me know once you have her so we can come and visit you since you came and visited us when Macie was born.

Cindy said...

Hi Debi!
It's always fun to discover another blogger in the neighborhood. Lucy is such a cute name. Hope your pregnancy is going well and you're surviving the hot summer!